lady baltimore hybiscus

Post here if you have questions about growing perennials and bulbs, including fertilizing or selecting
Forum rules
You can view the posts to the forum without registering but in order to post a question or reply to a post you must register as a user. Once you register, you can log in and join the discussion or post a question.

To post your question, select the appropriate category and simply click on NEW TOPIC or post a REPLY to an existing topic.

To upload a photo, just click on the "upload attachment" tab below the text box when you are posting a question or a reply.

Remember to include where you live (city & state) in your post, so you will get the best answer for your particular area.
lenzseed@verizon.net

lady baltimore hybiscus

Post by lenzseed@verizon.net » Tue Dec 02, 2008 4:22 pm

I was given a Lady Baltimore hibiscus this past spring and planted it at that time. It bloomed beautifully. Now that cold weather is here will it suvive through the winter or should I have brought in in for the winter?

I live in the west end of Rivhmond, VA

lorijones
Site Admin
antispam: no

Re: lady baltimore hybiscus

Post by lorijones » Wed Dec 03, 2008 11:24 am

Hibiscus 'Lady Baltimore' is a hardy hibiscus that will do fine planted in the garden over the winter in your area. It will die back to the crown and in the spring, you can cut the old stems to the ground. It will send up new shoots from the crown in late spring. They are slower to break dormancy in the spring than many other perennials, but they will eventually pop up! You might want to mulch the crowns with a bark mulch or shredded leaves for the winter, especially since this might be a colder winter than normal! Thanks for your post! Happy Holidays!

Tarvis
antispam: no
city_state: Maryland

Re: lady baltimore hybiscus

Post by Tarvis » Fri Jun 17, 2011 12:08 am

Thanks dear I also facing the same problem with my plants but your suggestion
are very effected. I am quite sure now I can survive my plants.

Return to “Growing Perennials & Bulbs”