Potato Bugs on Tomato Plants

Post here if you have insects eating up your vegetable crops
Forum rules
You can view the posts to the forum without registering but in order to post a question or reply to a post you must register as a user. Once you register, you can log in and join the discussion or post a question.

To post your question, simply click on NEW TOPIC or post a REPLY to an existing topic.

To upload a photo, just click on the "upload attachment" tab below the text box when you are posting a question or a reply.

Remember to include where you live (city & state) in your post, so you will get the best answer for your particular area.
coolsmm
antispam: no
city_state: Harrisonburg VA

Potato Bugs on Tomato Plants

Post by coolsmm » Sun Aug 25, 2013 10:24 am

I have potato bugs on my Tomato plants and the plants have tomatoes ripening. What is a good way to control the pototo bugs with tomatoes on the plants? Is there a spray that can be used?

lorijones
Site Admin
antispam: no

Re: Potato Bugs on Tomato Plants

Post by lorijones » Wed Aug 28, 2013 6:16 pm

This happened happened to me many years ago. The potato beetles went from my potatoes to my tomatoes and were destroying my plants! You can use a spray of Bonide Captain Jack's Deadbug Brew to help control Colorado potato beetles on your tomatoes. Spray according to the label directions and if the tomatoes are in bloom, be sure to spray in the early morning or later in the evening when the bees are less active. Bonide Eight will also control potato beetles.

Return to “Vegetables”