Tomatoe leaves yellowing with black spots

Post here if you have insects eating up your vegetable crops
Forum rules
You can view the posts to the forum without registering but in order to post a question or reply to a post you must register as a user. Once you register, you can log in and join the discussion or post a question.

To post your question, simply click on NEW TOPIC or post a REPLY to an existing topic.

To upload a photo, just click on the "upload attachment" tab below the text box when you are posting a question or a reply.

Remember to include where you live (city & state) in your post, so you will get the best answer for your particular area.
djmmcoop
antispam: no
city_state: Stafford, VA

Tomatoe leaves yellowing with black spots

Post by djmmcoop » Fri May 25, 2012 3:33 pm

The leaves on my tomato plants are turning yellow with black spots from the bottom of the plant.. Is there any way to slow or get rid of this condition?

lorijones
Site Admin

Re: Tomatoe leaves yellowing with black spots

Post by lorijones » Mon Jun 04, 2012 11:22 am

This is a fungal disease that is hard to control. Try mulching around your tomatoes to prevent the soil from splashing up onto the leaves and stems. You can also spray a fungicide every 10 days alternating Bonide Copper fungicide and Pure Spray Green (http://thegardeningrevolution.com/purespray_green).

calman12
city_state: brooklyn ny

Re: Tomatoe leaves yellowing fom the bottom and some curling

Post by calman12 » Mon Jul 09, 2012 3:08 pm

I also have an heirlooom tomato plant. It is doing fantastic. It is bearing but recently the bottom leaves are all turning yellow from the bottom leaf going the the vine. I dont know if it will contine all the way up. also the leaves are curling. Is there a diagnosis and any treatment recommendation?
Thank for any help.

Naveed123
city_state: Punjab

Re: Tomatoe leaves yellowing with black spots

Post by Naveed123 » Thu Sep 05, 2013 7:34 am

spray a fungicide every 10 days alternating Bonide Copper fungicide and Pure Spray Green :mrgreen:
**** NAVEED ****

Return to “Vegetables”