voracious bug

Post here if you have insect problems on your roses
Forum rules
You can view the posts to the forum without registering but in order to post a question or reply to a post you must register as a user. Once you register, you can log in and join the discussion or post a question.

To post your question, simply click on NEW TOPIC or post a REPLY to an existing topic.

To upload a photo, just click on the "upload attachment" tab below the text box when you are posting a question or a reply.

Remember to include where you live (city & state) in your post, so you will get the best answer for your particular area.

voracious bug

Postby workmanp » Mon Aug 24, 2009 8:40 am

The leaves of my large rose bush which is also covered with a large and vigorous clematis were devoured seemingly overnight by a bug that is about an inch long, fairly slender, and black with a grayish underbelly. It is a very active bug, the bush and vine were covered with them this morning, the leaves are gone and I am worried what they might attack next. What are they and how do I stop them? I tried knocking them into a jug of water but they are too quick and too numerous. Thanks for any help you can be!
workmanp

Re: voracious bug

Postby lorijones » Fri Aug 28, 2009 1:42 pm

I'm not exactly sure from your description what the critters are, but you can get rid of them by spraying with Sevin one week and spray again a week later with Bonide Eight.
lorijones
Site Admin

Re: voracious bug

Postby swapnali » Thu Oct 12, 2017 8:06 am

hello all,

nice place to be here, i see nice comments and nice people as well, i will make it a point to come here more often to read and post comments so people and myself benefit.

Cheers!!!

https://toy-blast.soft32.com
swapnali

Return to Insect Pests on Roses