Needle drop on Norway Spruce

Post here if you have problems on your trees
Forum rules
You can view the posts to the forum without registering but in order to post a question or reply to a post you must register as a user. Once you register, you can log in and join the discussion or post a question.

To post your question, simply click on NEW TOPIC or post a REPLY to an existing topic.

To upload a photo, just click on the "upload attachment" tab below the text box when you are posting a question or a reply.

Remember to include where you live (city & state) in your post, so you will get the best answer for your particular area.

Needle drop on Norway Spruce

Postby Steve Blankenship » Sun Feb 04, 2018 6:27 pm

I have a mature Norway Spruce that is at least 25 years old. It has been dropping needles that last couple of years. Thinking it was a fungus, I sprayed it last Summer with a fungicide several times and once this past Fall. I recently noticed, however, that there is an area of concern about 2 feet up from the ground on the trunk of the tree that has a couple (one large and one smaller) of places where a white residue is coming from the tree. Is this due to a borer, and if so, what can I do to kill the borer and/or save the tree? I have attached a picture of the affected area. Thank you!
Attachments
Resized952018012195145747956542.jpg
Resized952018012195145747956542.jpg (432.69 KiB) Viewed 48 times
Steve Blankenship

Return to Trees including Evergreens and Ornamentals