Cuccumber plant Foliage

Post here if you are having disease problems in your vegetable garden.
Forum rules
You can view the posts to the forum without registering but in order to post a question or reply to a post you must register as a user. Once you register, you can log in and join the discussion or post a question.

To post your question, simply click on NEW TOPIC or post a REPLY to an existing topic.

To upload a photo, just click on the "upload attachment" tab below the text box when you are posting a question or a reply.

Remember to include where you live (city & state) in your post, so you will get the best answer for your particular area.
Gus Christos
antispam: no
city_state: Dix Hills (in LOng Island ) N.Y.

Cuccumber plant Foliage

Post by Gus Christos » Fri Jul 26, 2013 6:34 pm

This is my first posting, thank you for allowing me to participate. My cucumber plants leaves have yellow spots and some are turning all yellow, can you tell me what is causing this.I live in Suffolk County, Long Island N.Y
Gus

lorijones
Site Admin
antispam: no

Re: Cuccumber plant Foliage

Post by lorijones » Sat Aug 03, 2013 12:00 pm

This is probably anthracnose or downy mildew. I had the same problem with my cucumber plants this year. You should remove the affected leaves and spray with a fungicide like Bonide Liquid Copper or Mancozeb to prevent the fungal disease from spreading to the healthy leaves. Here is a link to the blog post I wrote a few weeks ago that talks about this problem: http://viettes.wordpress.com/2013/07/11 ... -problems/. Good luck! It helped my plants and they are producing well now.

Return to “Vegetables”