animal pests

Post here if you are having trouble with pesky squirrels, chipmunks, or rats in the garden.
Forum rules
You can view the posts to the forum without registering but in order to post a question or reply to a post you must register as a user. Once you register, you can log in and join the discussion or post a question.

To post your question, simply click on NEW TOPIC or post a REPLY to an existing topic.

To upload a photo, just click on the "upload attachment" tab below the text box when you are posting a question or a reply.

Remember to include where you live (city & state) in your post, so you will get the best answer for your particular area.
BJ Fragal'e
antispam: no

animal pests

Post by BJ Fragal'e » Mon Jun 08, 2009 11:45 am

I believe there is a squirrel digging up EVERYWHERE , in my flower pots,mulch,lawn.I have seen where a nut was dug up and left behind. I am furious each time I see where it has been ,some of my plants are suffering because it disturbes the roots. Any suggestions?

lorijones
Site Admin
antispam: no

Re: animal pests

Post by lorijones » Mon Jun 08, 2009 12:09 pm

It could be a combination of squirrels digging for nuts and skunks digging for grubs in the lawn. You can try spraying with a repellent such as Bonide Repels All. This also comes in a granular form that might be good in the flowerbeds and pots. I have heard of people sticking peppermint candy canes in their pots and around in their flower beds. The squirrels do not like the peppermint oil and they say it keeps them away! It's worth a try, too!

Return to “Squirrels, Chipmunks, and Rats”