small acuba plantings

Post here if you are having trouble with pesky squirrels, chipmunks, or rats in the garden.
Forum rules
You can view the posts to the forum without registering but in order to post a question or reply to a post you must register as a user. Once you register, you can log in and join the discussion or post a question.

To post your question, simply click on NEW TOPIC or post a REPLY to an existing topic.

To upload a photo, just click on the "upload attachment" tab below the text box when you are posting a question or a reply.

Remember to include where you live (city & state) in your post, so you will get the best answer for your particular area.
micheleciuro
antispam: no
city_state: Mt Laurel, NJ

small acuba plantings

Post by micheleciuro » Sun Apr 22, 2012 10:19 am

I purchased 4 small acuba cutting from my garden club about 4-5 yrs agao. They are still very small maybe 3" tall. somethig is eatingg them. They grow alittle and then down to just the stem.
any suggestions to keep them covered or a spray. I don't know if they are deer or rabbits , groundhog, chipmunck I have them all.

lorijones
Site Admin
antispam: no

Re: small acuba plantings

Post by lorijones » Mon Apr 23, 2012 6:24 pm

The damage is probably being caused by hungry deer munching on the leaves of your little shrubs. You can try a repellent like Bobbex or Bonide Repels All. You will have to keep up with a spray schedule (spraying about once every 4 weeks and alternating the spray you use) to "train" the deer to stay out of your garden. Here is a tip from our website for coping with deer and protecting your plants: http://www.inthegardenradio.com/v.php?pg=249.

Return to “Squirrels, Chipmunks, and Rats”