Grub Control Question

Click this forum to ask questions and get answers about insect pests and diseases of the lawn. Find advice on when to treat and what to use for many different lawn pests and diseases.
Forum rules
You can view the posts to the forum without registering but in order to post a question or reply to a post you must register as a user. Once you register, you can log in and join the discussion or post a question.

To post your question, simply click on NEW TOPIC or post a REPLY to an existing topic.

To upload a photo, just click on the "upload attachment" tab below the text box when you are posting a question or a reply.

Remember to include where you live (city & state) in your post, so you will get the best answer for your particular area.
doubletest
antispam: no
city_state: Long Island, NY

Grub Control Question

Post by doubletest » Fri Sep 28, 2012 2:10 pm

I have areas of dead grass that I have pulled up with my hands. I see the white grubs and also earthworms.
Is there a control that will kill grubs but not hurt my earthworms?
I am in NY, so I know that not all controls are available here.
Thanks

lorijones
Site Admin
antispam: no

Re: Grub Control Question

Post by lorijones » Wed Oct 03, 2012 3:45 pm

Bayer Advanced 24 Hour Grub Killer Plus should be available in your area. It contains Dylox (chemical name trichlorfon) which quickly kills active grubs. Apply according to the label directions. Now is a great time to apply this product as the grubs are still feeding near the surface of the soil. Dylox breaks down quickly in the soil and is not known to harm earthworms or other beneficials.

Return to “Lawn Insects & Diseases”