CLOVER

Click this forum to ask questions and get answers about the weeds in your lawn. Find advice on when to treat and what to use for many different lawn weeds.
Forum rules
You can view the posts to the forum without registering but in order to post a question or reply to a post you must register as a user. Once you register, you can log in and join the discussion or post a question.

To post your question, simply click on NEW TOPIC or post a REPLY to an existing topic.

To upload a photo, just click on the "upload attachment" tab below the text box when you are posting a question or a reply.

Remember to include where you live (city & state) in your post, so you will get the best answer for your particular area.
HOB
antispam: no
city_state: SEAFORD, VA.

CLOVER

Post by HOB » Fri Mar 04, 2011 9:37 am

LAST SATURDAY I HEARD ANDRE SAY SOMETHING ABOUT CLOVER: "EXCEPT FOR CLOVER, WHICH DOESN'T NEED THAT"...WHAT DOESN'T CLOVER NEED? FERTILIZER, WATERING>? :mrgreen:

gerrycoggin

Re: CLOVER

Post by gerrycoggin » Mon Mar 07, 2011 5:22 pm

Generally, clover does not need fertilizer because it is able to take nitrogen from the air and fix it in the soil. It basically makes its own fertilizer.

frano8
city_state: Wakefield United Kingdom

Post by frano8 » Thu Jan 19, 2012 9:54 am

Hi,

I am new to this board.

I am planning to spend some time on my lawn this spring, I have always wanted a nice showpiece lawn and decided this is the year I will invest some time and money in it.

First question - How can I remove clover from lawn?

Thanks

Frano

lorijones
Site Admin

Post by lorijones » Fri Jan 27, 2012 4:43 pm

One of the best ways to prevent lawn weeds from becoming established in the lawn is to cut your grass high - no lower than 3". This will help shade out weeds. Keep your lawn well fed and watered so it grows vigorously and out competes the weeds.
To get rid of clover in the lawn there are several different products you can use. Bonide Products offers several products - Chickweed, Clover, and Oxalis Killer; Weed Beater Lawn Weed Killer; Weed Beater Plus; and Weed Beater ULTRA. Bayer Advanced All-in-One Lawn Weed & Crabgrass Killer and Bayer Advanced Weed Killer for Lawns will also work for getting rid of clover in the lawn.

robsandford
city_state: Richmond

Post by robsandford » Mon Mar 26, 2012 5:47 pm

My yard was being taken over by clover this Spring. Two applications of Ortho's Weed B Gon have turned things around. In addition, I also fertilized with Scott's Turf Builder with Plus 2.

Return to “Lawn Weeds”